Boy are we happy to see you here!
Our theme this year will be: Poetic Painting!
We will be following the City of Chicago safety guidelines for Phase IV Gradual Re-Open for the festival.
– Masks will be required for attendees and volunteers.
– Painting will take place over 3 days with ONLY 50 spaces per day being painted.
– You will have ONE DAY to paint.
Art created by Debbie Torgan will be used on Fest t-shirts.
Registration will take place online. 150 Spaces will be released as follows:
May 1st 8:00am 50 spaces to paint FRIDAY, JUNE 18th
May 3rd 8:00am 50 spaces to paint SAT., JUNE 19TH
May 5th 8:00am 50 spaces to paint SUNDAY, JUNE 20TH
Registration reminders will be posted on Facebook and emailed to our contacts list. If you wish to be added to the contact list, email us at email@example.com.
PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE SPACE. We will vet the list of registrants. One space per family/pod.
We will not take any special requests for spots. All spaces are full spaces this year, as the odd spaces will be used for a Memorial.
Check our website June 1st for a list of confirmed participants.
Apologies, but are not able to have WALK-UP spaces this year due to the restrictions.
We award prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place adults and 1st and 2nd junior. Judging takes place throughout the fest and wraps up Sunday at 1pm.
- Best interpretation of mural theme
- Overall use of space + shape of painting surface
- Artistic creativity
Please note: If two spaces are painted as one mural neither space will be eligible for a prize award. Winners will be announced on Sunday afternoon at 4:30pm, and notified via email or phone if not present to receive their prize.
- Artists are required to provide: Painting tools (brushes/rollers/etc.) Outdoor latex or acrylic paint (available for purchase at the festival)
- Tarp or sheet to protect the sidewalk and grass surrounding the mural; rags and cleaning materials to clean any mess
- Containers for washing out brushes, etc. Nothing, including hands, may be cleaned in the lake!
- Artists who leave a mess may be disqualified from the event — now and in the future.
Sign in at the Registration tent between 9am – noon on your assigned day. The tent is located north of the tennis courts at Farwell at the lake.
You will receive a designated, numbered space to paint. If you trade/change your space number, it is your responsibility to notify Registration. Prizes will be awarded to the person whose name we have recorded to the space.
Artists must register in person and start painting by noon on your painting day or the space will be forfeited.
To be considered for judging, your mural must be complete by 2pm on Sunday.